Public Affairs and Communications Manager at Danone
Are you an excellent communicator and networker that enjoys driving your own projects? Are you used to working in fast paced environments and have mastered the art of prioritization? Do you enjoy turning lemons into lemonade? Then maybe you are our next Public Affairs and Communications Manager!
We are looking for a member to join our corporate affairs team supporting the Nordic & Baltic region of Danone. Based in Sweden, you will have autonomy for the public affairs and communications agenda whilst working closely with our sustainability manager and report to the Head of Corporate and Public Affairs. This means you will have a lot of freedom to lead your own projects and initiatives, and you are welcome to shape the role given your expertise. You are a partner to the business and the stakeholders, whilst also being a liaison to what happens outside of Danone. With you on our team we can rest well knowing that no issue will go unmanaged, and all our great stories from within Danone will land in the external world.
In this position you will be responsible for the following:
- Political monitoring, analysis and, based on this, preparation of stakeholder mappings and lobbying strategies, as well as its implementation (stakeholder meetings, position papers, etc.)
- Establishment and maintenance of the political network as well as relevant NGOs and representation of Danone in associations, institutions, etc.
- Coordination and assignment of policy advisors and interaction with Danone’s European public affairs team
- Contribute to the overall Corporate Affairs strategy in the Nordic and Baltic region
- Planning and implementation of corporate communication campaigns (e.g. in the field of sustainability and health), including press and influencer activities
- Setting up and adapting all relevant communication processes, methods and tools and developing and maintaining relationships with local and national media
- Handling (critical) media enquiries, creating message houses, Q&As and statements on relevant topics as well as supporting in crisis communications
- Budget responsibility and control
Other than being an excellent communicator, having a proactive way of working and not being afraid to dive into new projects and dare to try new things we also hope you:
- Are driven and result oriented, being comfortable with having freedom to structure your daily work
- Love to take responsibility for your topics and feel comfortable in prioritizing
- Enjoy strategic work as much as you enjoy operational work
- Have at least 5+ years of experience from a similar role
- Are fluent in Swedish and English
- Experience from Food industry, FMCG or Pharmaceuticals is highly valued
- Experience working for an international company is highly valued
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we and we believe in order to do so we need a healthy planet. We have more than 100 000 employees worldwide who all strive for our vision One Planet One Health.
Danone Nordics & Baltics have 500 employees based in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Latvia and Lithuania. Our brand portfolio includes many trusted brands such as Alpro, Activia, Actimel, Danonino, Nutricia and Aqua d´Or. Danone Nordics is also a B Corp Certificated Company which means we are doing business in a better way. We are a part of a growing global community set up to balance purpose and profit, helping to create a better world while thriving as a business.
We develop healthy food choices for everyone and grow strong brands through close collaboration with our customers and consumers. We keep challenging ourselves to stay one step ahead of emerging trends and tastes.
A career in a purpose driven and fast-moving international company. We have a performance culture but how we reach our goals is equally important as the end results. In line with our values we foster a friendly, motivating and supportive culture where everyone is a leader, no matter what your position is within our organization. We encourage an entrepreneurial mind-set by giving our employees the opportunity to drive growth of strong brands, contribute to a healthier world as well as develop professionally and personally.
Visit https://careers.danone.com/ and search for “Sweden” and send in your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than April 24th. The recruitment process is ongoing and we will review applications and conduct interviews continuously. Observe that the position may be filled before last application date.