Global Social Media & Content Lead at Pet Media Group
Pet Media Group is a Stockholm-based startup that acquires, launches, and develops market-leading pet and horse marketplaces across Europe, with current operations in Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, and Italy. With over 1 million animals rehomed every year through our marketplaces, our 10 million monthly users rehome 1 out of 3 pets in the UK (Pets4homes.co.uk) and 9 out of 10 horses in Sweden (hastnet.se).
But wait – have you never heard of Pet Media Group? That is a challenge we are looking to solve, but we need your help to do so! We are looking for a Global Social Media and Content Lead to join our amazing team in central Stockholm.
Rehoming a pet is not easy. In fact, it is very difficult with lots of things to bear in mind. Our mission is to bring trust, safety, and convenience when selling or buying a pet through innovative technologies and business models. We’re a young & ambitious team who have built unicorns in the past and we are backed by some of Europe’s leading investors (e.g. Verdane and Otiva) who are early investors in leading companies such as Klarna, NA-KD, Apotea, and Desenio. We are growing rapidly (while remaining profitable!), and the journey of becoming the world’s largest marketplace operator for pets and related equipment has only begun!
About the role
As part of our growth, we are expanding our marketing team and for that, we are looking for a Global Social Media and Content lead that will be key in setting the direction for our future marketing and communication efforts. Joining us in our journey towards building the pet marketplace brand of tomorrow.
- Be responsible for setting the social media strategies, plans, and content calendars across all PMGs brands and channels.
- Setting objectives, KPIs and tracking of KPIs, and creation of social media reports.
- Accountable for social media performance, ensuring high levels of community engagement through continuous follow-up and adaptation.
- Ensure a consistent tone of voice and image style across all channels.
- Rolling out campaigns across channels to maximize reach, engagement, and conversion.
- Ideating and creating new content formats as well as project management of key content formats.
- Optimizing existing content across channels.
- Community management and posting relevant content across channels.
- Leading cross-functional project teams and building the future content team.
Who are we looking for?
We think that you are a natural leader who takes ownership of your tasks and always has a community-focused mindset. You will play an important role in taking the PMG brands to the next level.
- +3 years of experience working with marketing, social media, content development, or digital communication.
- A strong project leading experience and highly structured.
- A passion for pets or horses and an interest in animal welfare.
- A social media junkie who is well versed with the latest social trends.
- A strategic mindset and analytical skill-set with the ability to translate data into actionable plans.
- Positive, ambitious, and curious to learn more about marketing and the pet marketplace industry.
- Experience in leading and coaching cross-functional project teams is a plus.
- Native English speaker is a plus.
- Stockholm based
- Learning & sharing environment – we’re a team of open, competent people from different strong backgrounds
- Exciting company events & team activities – You can expect weekly AW:s, and don’t forget to practice your shuffleboarding and table tennis
- Flexible working hours – At PMG we are confident in each other’s ability to be masters of their own time while producing a great output
- A dog-friendly office in center of Stockholm – Work in the heart of Östermalm, close to great restaurants and parks
- Competitive salary.