Social Media & Marketing Manager at Challengermode
On the Internet and on Social Media there’s plenty of noise at the same time as people are starved for meaningful content and for those who have something interesting to say. It will be your job to make sure that we don’t just say things for the sake of having said it, but that we say things we believe in and that we tell stories that matter to our audience.
As one of the main representatives of Challengermode’s brand, you’ll be expected to live the brand and develop it further. Creating, sourcing and leveraging high quality gaming/esports content of all kinds is one of the core aspects of this job. Using your own unique voice and your experience, while making sure it’s inline with our brand and style.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a social media and marketing manager at Challengermode, you will get to own and nurture all our channels. You are expected to work well with your colleagues as well as individually to create high-quality content and actively manage and grow our social media accounts.
Your main responsibilities will involve administration and ownership of various digital marketing efforts. This includes social media management, content marketing, SEO and generation of inbound traffic, as well as the development of brand awareness and our online presence overall.
You’ll be working on a high strategic level closely with the Head of Marketing while also being the doer of things, working closely with our designers and community managers.
- Develop a social media strategy and implement measurable goals
- Create, manage and monitor social media, content marketing campaigns & day-to-day activities for both users and partners
- Manage and monitor efforts in building online reviews, comments and reputation
- Conduct online advocacy and being present in other communities and forums, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Create, curate and manage all published content (images, video and written)
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for a hard-working and resourceful marketing manager, specifically focused on social media and content, with additions skills in graphic design, writing/copywriting and/or video editing. , but a working knowledge of esports and a personal interest in gaming is recommended.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A team player with the confidence to lead and guide in the areas of marketing
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
You don’t need to be an esports expert but you should have a real interest in computer games and esports.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the tenets of marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the influencer/content ecosystem relevant to gaming and esports.
WHAT WE OFFER
- High performance, skilled and goal oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive Salary
- Ownership in the company (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing computer games is part of the job?