Social Media Manager at Volvo Cars
EMEA is one of three regions within Volvo Cars, responsible for overseeing all commercial activities in over 60 countries. The region has complete mandate over marketing communication, customer interaction, sales and service. It is an operational business unit with a clear focus on the customer, delivering sustainable growth and profitability.
EMEA is ultimately responsible for region and market performance – market earnings and sales targets, strengthening the commercial voice in the EMT, enabling, coordinating and supporting markets to deliver on targets. EMEA develops Volvo business through capturing and aggregating market perspectives and making sure that market requirements are brought up with central functions.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager!
The purpose of the role is to own the development of the social media channels within EMEA to ensure the quality of our communication delivers according to the company’s commitment to digital leadership.
What you will do:
The role is a both strategic and operational role. On one hand you will drive and develop the social media strategy within EMEA and on the other be operationally involved in key projects such as new car launches or organize market workshops. You will work closely with the Social Media team at Global Consumer Experience to ensure relevant infrastructure and development of the social media platforms that support the EMEA markets business reality. You will build a close relationship with the social media managers in the markets in order to improve how Volvo brand communicate in social media and also, work with external partner agencies and internal parties to ensure tonality and roll out in relevant channels.
- Have a deep understanding of the consumer behavior in relevant channels and drive our brand communication to deliver the right message, to the right person at the right time.
- Work actively to increase the social media competence in the EMEA marketing team as well as in the markets and dealers.
- Be an integral part of high profile marketing campaigns and bring in expertise in those projects in order to optimize ROI by securing the right mix of asset production.
- Own the tool-kit delivery for social media assets as part of marketing campaigns
- Be a role model for the EMEA working culture of integrity and high engagement to deliver results according to expectation
What you will bring:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree within Marketing, or similar level of education
- Deep insight of the mechanics of how to use PR with marketing material as part of the media mix
- Deep and broad understanding of the social media landscape and ability to bring those insights into strategies and activities that supports the business objectives
- Project management experience and ability to proactively drive processes in a complex and ever changing environment
- Solid experience from working with external creative agencies and other stakeholders, ideally in an international context
- Experience from content development and running photo shoots for creative marketing campaigns
- Experience from international, multicultural and multifunctional environments
- Fluent English written and spoken is mandatory
- Previous budget responsibility
Kim Lindroos, HR Business Partner EMEA, +46-733-333104
Åsa Borg, Vice President Marketing EMEA, +46313258795