Social Media Manager at The Local Europe
The Local is seeking a brilliant digital expert to coordinate, expand and generate increased value from our social media presence.
We see a great commercial future in news. With a combination of a high value audience, unique international content and deep client relationships, we have a solid base for growing our pan-European news business. Today, our editorial operation spans nine countries and attracts five million readers each month.
Reporting to our Chief Publishing Officer, the Social Media Manager’s mission has three parts: to increase the reach of our editorial content and brand, add value to our advertisers’ content campaigns and drive subscriptions from our reader community.
Our journalists are highly engaged with our various social media channels, which between them have well over half a million followers. With your specialist skills and experience, you will become the focal point for this activity, taking it to a new level.
Specifically, the role encompasses:
- Supporting the Chief Publishing Officer in building and implementing an international strategy for using social media to support our business objectives;
- Producing a steady stream of content, optimised for our social media channels, to support the existing social output from our editorial team;
- Constantly analysing our audience and its engagement with our social media content, and adapting our approach for continuous growth;
- Feeding that knowledge into the rest of the company as well as acting as a social media coach for colleagues, raising the overall standard for how we use social media;
- Recommending and administering paid social strategies for our content clients, with initial needs analysis, campaign set-up, budget management, optimisation and reporting;
- Overseeing partnerships with social platforms, API partners, analytics services and other related suppliers;
- Keeping abreast of the latest social/digital media trends and any news industry trends that could impact our business and ensure that your colleagues are informed.
In terms of skills, personal qualities and experience, we expect that:
- You are a university graduate who is either a native English speaker or has native-level English;
- You have at least five years’ experience in marketing/communications teams, either in a corporate/agency environment or in the media sector;
- You can show considerable experience of creating content to generate community engagement within different demographics;
- You can claim responsibility for significant expansion of an audience or customer base using social media;
- As well as your proven editorial skills, which demonstrate a creative command of English and an obsessive attention to detail, you understand how to facilitate a two-way conversation with an audience through social media;
- You have strong quantitative skills and you are fluent in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications, and leading social media monitoring platforms;
- You have considerable experience of Facebook’s business tools and can confidently administer large monthly paid social budgets;
- You are flexible enough to be able to respond to out-of-hours business needs. Crisis communications experience is a plus;
- Your natural curiosity and professionalism means that you are continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions. And your presentation skills mean that you can effectively communicate your learnings to your colleagues;
- You are passionate about news and its role in a democratic society
This is a great opportunity to help us realise the potential of The Local and join a fast-growing news organisation at a time when reliable journalism has never been more important.
If you think that this might be you then we would love to hear from you. Apply by sending your CV and an email highlighting the skills and experience that you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is August 28, 2017.http://mediejobb.info/social-media-manager-local-europe/https://i2.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/mediejobb_logga.jpg?fit=1024%2C536https://i2.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/mediejobb_logga.jpg?resize=150%2C150Sociala MediaStockholm