Social Media Manager at Fishbrain
Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrainwe have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 9 million usersall over the world who have logged over 6 million catchesin our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our Marketing team. If you are a social media-savvy professional with a demonstrated background developing and posting content created to drive community interaction, we would like to meet you.
The Fishbrain community is now 9 million anglers strong. In this role, it will be your job to inspire, represent, and continue to scale this powerful network of people who love fishing.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience building and growing a community around a brand, topic, passion, or hobby. You’re comfortable with social media and online communities such as forums, Facebook pages, Slack groups (or a niche social network like Fishbrain!). Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community-related communications. Knowledge and love of fishing is not required, but is a big advantage!
- Develop content, on your own and in conjunction with other team members.
- Manage in-app community and content ideation/generation.
- Oversee external social media platforms with the idea to build and engage audience.
- Develop and oversee content calendar for publishing content across app and external networks.
- Create and execute on a strategy to scale our Pro Staff program of user and pro angler ambassadors worldwide.
- Communicate with Pro Staff regularly and use them as a source of content.
- Liaise with other company teams to stay updated on new products and features and communicate them in the best way to our community
- Monitor trends in user behavior and feedback and communicate them internally, and be an advocate for customer needs; this will include occasionally responding to user feedback in our customer support tool
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum or creating an event series etc)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
It’s a Bonus If..
- An interest in fishing or outdoor activities is a plus!
- You’ve coordinated in-person events.