Public Affairs Internship, Sweden at Klarna
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support Klarna’s public affairs programme in the Nordics, with Sweden as the main focus. You will help deliver a first-class public policy and government relations program to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure Klarna’s voice is heard and has impact in relevant discussions.
You will work closely with our Public Affairs, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Product and Compliance teams to drive engagement to support the company’s strategic goals. You will also develop an understanding of the political and public policy landscape as it affects the company, including identifying new and emerging policy developments that may impact Klarna’s current products, operations and strategy.
This full time position is for an initial 6-month contract.
Tasks you will assist with:
- Helping to showcase that Klarna is a transparent, responsible and pragmatic growth business, proactively engaging with political and wider public affairs audiences to develop open and constructive dialogue;
- Supporting engagement with key external stakeholders (government, parliament, regulatory bodies, trade associations and other third party stakeholders), including through stakeholder mapping and ensuring we are maintaining a measured, fact-based approach to conveying business priorities and strategies;
- Monitoring proceedings in parliaments and providing analysis;
- Supporting in developing and project managing innovative policy campaigns;
- Producing accessible and effective written briefings on complex topics for a variety of internal and external audiences;
- Potentially representing the business at external meetings with stakeholders;
- Assisting with the management of public affairs agency support.
Who you are
- Preferably have some experience in Parliament, Ministry, PR, public affairs, media or a similar environment, although this is not essential provided you can demonstrate an interest in current affairs and practical knowledge of politics and processes.
- Basic understanding of opinion building, communication and the media landscape.
- Able to write well to tight deadlines, both in Swedish and in English.
- Strong research and organisational skills, and an eye for detail.
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- You are confident to be an independent player while also enjoying being part of a team and able to embrace the varied nature of the internship.
- Positive, go–getter attitude with an ‘always on’ mindset.
- Technical proficiency in Google Workspace applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Please send over your CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some...MedieJobb email@example.comAdministratorJobb inom media, marknadsföring, service m. fl.MedieJobb.info