Monki is looking for copywriter
At Monki Brand & Marketing, we believe in 360-communication: a seamless approach that covers every inch of the way from idea to consumer, regardless of channel and regardless of whether its on- or offline. The range of roles at our department reflects that; but the end goal is always the same: great communication.
As a copywriter you will form the creative and strategic core of a creative team with one of our Art Directors. Your role will focus on 360 fashion communication; you will work in an integrated way to promote our fashion focused and female empowering brand, as well as our growing number of stores. You will work closely with the creative team as a whole; stylists, visual merchandisers, social media, events and PR experts. In addition, you and your fellow copy colleagues are responsible for the company’s tone of voice and written communication.
- You know how to be smart, witty and kind in your copy, and above all you know how to achieve the oh-so-elusive cool in your tonality.
- You’re a native speaker or seriously, seriously good at writing in English in an updated, fluent, flexible way. The language will be your primary work tool, so this is a non-negotiable.
- Your mind-set is truly digital and you know how to communicate effectively with Millennials and Generation Z on all relevant platforms.
- You possess an exceptional skill in terms of staying up to date on current events and trends.
- You have a good grasp of the creative process – from ideation to production and your portfolio should reflect your creativity and strategic skills.
- Fashion is the name of our game. You’re either really good at writing about it already or have the capacity to be.
- A degree in advertising or fashion communication or equivalent is an advantage. As is previous experience of inbound marketing, online copywriting, SEO, SEM and retail experience.
- As a Copywriter you should ideally have a couple of years’ experience working in advertising or communication.
- As a person you need to be able to hold your own; be decisive but kind, play well in a team (you’re joining an awesome one) and be passionate about what you do.
- We believe that having a big platform equals the responsibility to work for positive change in the world. We know you feel the same way.
- We are a global company, and our recruitment policy aims to reflect that: we value different perspectives and experiences in our teams and offices.
A full time position within Monki’s brand and marketing department based in Gothenburg.
Start date, like now.
Apply with CV and cover letter in English, a micro portfolio selection in a pdf (max 5 pages), plus link to your actual portfolio/other work if applicable. Last day to apply: 7 August 2018.
Monki is a high street retail experience that empowers our customers to express themselves through fashion. We have over 100 stores throughout Europe, Asia and online at monki.com.