Media Relations Officer at Volvo Car Corporation
At Corporate Communications, you are part of a global communication team that’s charged with developing the awareness and positivity of the Volvo brand and its products by building trusting relationships with journalists, online influencers and policy makers as well as internal communication with all Volvo employees globally. You and your team manage the long-term perception of the company in all media as well as any reactive threats to its reputation. Are you passionate about people, cars and communication? Do you want to reach your personal goals together with other people? Corporate Communications is the place for you to prosper.
Media Relations Officer
The media relations team is a hardworking and dynamic division of the Corporate Communications department. It is responsible for designing and implementing media strategies globally that encompass the company’s operations, finances, business strategy and senior management. It also works closely with the product and brand communication teams. As well as proactive media work, the team also takes care of media enquiries and runs set piece media events such as motor shows and financial results announcements. The team is also responsible for the immediate assessment of the media implications of developing crisis situations.
As a result, the media relations team is always on duty and often works on tight and pressing deadlines in stressful situations. The hours can also be long and anti-social. For the right person, this is one of the main attractions of the position. The right candidate will thrive on pressure and be able to handle other team members and members of the press who are under similar pressure.
The nature of the job means you are closely connected to the inner workings of the company and its management. You are also able to contribute to the way both are perceived by the global media, and by extension the company’s customers, owners, employees and the societies in which Volvo does business. Media Relations Officer is then a role that carries with it fundamental responsibilities such as integrity, professionalism, clarity of thought and expression, accuracy and the ability to be an ambassador for the company.
- Devising and implementing pro-active media strategies alone and in association with team members
- Writing press releases and responses to press enquiries on deadline
- Devising media strategies for immediate implementation in crisis and rolling news situations
- Building trust based relationships with key journalists globally
- Able to steer journalists to particular angles
- Working closely with the Product and Brand Communications teams to ensure cohesive communications
A creative media relations professional with a good working knowledge of Volvo Cars and the auto industry globally
An understanding of how journalists work and think
An ideas generator, able to conceive of and pitch news stories to the global media and push ideas through to publication
Able to spot and exploit communications opportunities that unite product, brand and corporate communications
Able to think imaginatively around financial numbers and devise strong financial and operational stories for the business media
A good and quick writer
- A social and outgoing person able to build good working relations with professional journalists
- An ability to give and receive constructive feedback and then move on to the next project
- An ability to work quickly and independently
- Have a nose for news, able to see an angle that might interest a journalist and then pitch that idea
- Be able to write and have an instinctive understanding of how to present information in the right order and in a manner that is likely to appeal to reporters and editors
- An excellent working knowledge of how the company works that embraces its operations, finances and ownership structure, as well as be able to place this knowledge within a global context
- Have a lively curiosity about news and current affairs across the global automotive industry
Apply & Contact
Aplications can only be accepted via the link/career page application before October 10th.
For inquiries please email:
Experienced Recruiterhttp://mediejobb.info/media-relations-officer-volvo-car-corporation/https://i2.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/volvo.jpeg?fit=225%2C224https://i2.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/volvo.jpeg?resize=150%2C150PR & KommunikationGöteborg