Media Relations Officer at Elekta
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available – please contact us for more details!
If you’re as passionate about humanity and innovation as we are, let’s meet.
Elekta AB is recruiting a Media Relations Specialist, with a focus on Europe, for our Corporate Communications team. This position is located at Elekta’s head office in central Stockholm, Sweden and will report to the Director of Global Media Relations.
What you’ll do at Elekta
This position is responsible for media relations activities, including pitches and amplifying news that positions Elekta as an industry leader in Precision Radiation Medicine. The role will build strong working relationships with the press and editorial staffs, including reporters at congresses and events, and will work with Elekta subject matter experts, hospital communication departments and advocacy groups , as applicable , to create and leverage news. You will also work with the corporate communications side of social media, including posting, analy sis and measurement.
The job includes:
- Build ing and nourish ing an Elekta-relevant journalist network, targeting a range of media in healthcare and technology trade publication s.
- Build ing relationships with editorial staff and establish ing and maintain ing company updates with them to obtain optimum media coverage for Elekta and our technology partners.
- Maintain ing a global list of editors in select regions and countries, targeting a range of media in specialist trade publication s and beyond that covers print/digital journalism and broadcast news.
- Manag ing distribution of informational material, including backgrounders, fact sheets, product / corporate descriptions, images, etc. to media representatives and other persons interested in learning more about or publicizing Elekta.
- Proactively creat ing an editorial calendar for corporate social media in cooperation with the global marcom team, ensuring relevant, regulatory-approved social media messaging, with consistency.
Approximately 20 percent of work time will be spent traveling.
The right stuff
Qualifications include a minimum three to five years’ work experience in communications within a company or agency environment. Preferences include experience in writing press releases, media briefings, social media posts, etc. and experience with building a journalistic network. Working in an international organization is a plus. Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Besides embracing our values – We work as one team , We do what we say , and We keep thinking forward – strategic thinking and relationship-building skills will be success factors in this position. We are a global company and will need someone that can be flexible, adapt to daily work changes and understand different work cultur es .
What’s in it for you?
Elekta employees around the world are dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with serious diseases such as cancer and brain disorders. We are committed to ensuring everyone with cancer in the world has access to – and benefits from – more precise, personalized radiotherapy treatments. You will learn about new innovations and help a global team communicate positive news that gives caregivers and the people they treat more moments that matter.
In joining Elekta, you find an entrepreneurial environment where you are free to test your ideas within your area of responsibility to achieve the best possible solution.http://mediejobb.info/media-relations-officer-at-elekta/PR & KommunikationStockholm