King is looking for Marketing Specialist
If you love videogames, have the proven ability and passion to manage large scale strategic marketing projects, from concept to execution, as well as report on KPI analysis, then this is the job for you!We are looking for an exceptional and experienced marketer who can help drive multi- channel strategic projects using our CRM channels. You will work closely with the studio marketing team to deliver and optimize a world-class experience to our players. This will include driving engagement of our players, reactivation of dormant players as well as looking at newer initiatives to help with the overall gaming experience.You will specialize in direct communication to our players with regards to game events, seasonal promotions, new features/content via our key channels (Email, Mobile Push and in-game messaging). As part of the CRM team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your leadership, energy and ideas will be every bit as valued as your marketing and channels expertise.
- Partner closely with the Candy Crush studio to support Live Ops initiatives, other in-game activities and identify key opportunities to create highly engaging and responsive campaigns.
- Create and maintain a roadmap of CRM activities to be shared with stakeholders from the game and wider marketing teams.
- Facilitate the creation of the campaigns assets (graphics, copy, translation), identify the right segmentation/campaign structure and set-up the campaigns across the CRM systems.
- Analyse campaign performance, identify and share key insights, iterate and optimize.
- Report CRM activities, results and learnings to various stakeholders.
- Develop a high level of proficiency with our CRM and analytics tools.
- Experience with developing and posting content across multiple social media channels.
- Support the team in content planning for email, push messaging, in-game pop-ups, video tutorials and feature trailers.
- Report on channel KPIs, such as reach, engagement, sentiment, awareness and channel growth.
- Work closely with the game team to offer them visibility on your activity, as well as share with them insights and community feedback.
The position reports into the Studio Marketing Director for the Candy Crush FranchiseYou find all aspects of marketing fascinating and fully understand how all the different pillars of marketing can work together to deliver a unique experience to our players. You are highly creative but also enjoy using a mix of strategy, intuition and data analysis in your day to day work.You’ll have an appreciation of what content works well with your players and how the quality of content and correct targeting can help increase the playing experience and build loyalty. You are player centric and think first through the eyes of the players you are connecting with.
- Minimum of five years of relevant marketing experience, with at least two of them in either videogames, or consumer facing mobile apps. Experience within a relevant agency also welcome.
- Proven track record of managing impactful marketing campaigns (be prepared to share some case studies with us).
- Proven track record of managing compelling content for all the key social media channels such as Instagram, Snap Chat, Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Youtube, etc.
- In depth knowledge of social media best practices, tools and trends.
- Excellent English writing, editing and communication skills (native English speaker preferred).
- You are a true team player but have the ability to work independently.
- Superior attention to detail as deliverables are shared with key stake holders.
- Ability to analyze data and identify performance trends
- Experience briefing and negotiating with agencies or clients.
- A great communicator, with good presenting skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across different levels.
This role is based in our Stockholm games studio, but travel may be required, primarily to Barcelona, London and Berlin.
Other Skills Include
- Cultural: You will be smart, hard-working, low-ego and able to work in a fast-based business environment.
- Industry: You will have experience of working within a consumer internet business with a substantial customer base, and broad set of products or services.
- Functional: You will have CRM and retention expertise, with in-depth knowledge in at least one of our key channels (e-mail, Facebook, mobile push, cross promotion and in-game messaging).
- Highly numerate: You will be very comfortable evaluating and optimizing campaigns in a quantitatively robust manner. You will know how to leverage test and learn approaches to your campaigns.
- International experience: King is an extremely international business (there are Candy Crush Saga players in Antarctica!) – so candidates with strong international experience are desirable.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and our games are played and enjoyed all around the world. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, London, Malmö, Seattle, and Stockholm along with offices in Bucharest, Malta, San Francisco, New York and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), which acquired King in February 2016.Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.