Junior News and Social Media Specialist at Electrolux
Join us in developing the digital storytelling of a global industry leader
The News and Social Media Specialist will create content for the news section of the Electrolux Group website, manage the news content calendar and help manage all Group social media channels and platforms. The News and Social Media Specialist will be a central part of the External Communications function in Electrolux Group Corporate Communications. The role reports to the Head of Group Media Relations and the Social Media Communication Manager.
The role is initially estimated to be part time: 2-3 days a week. It is possible the role will be developed into a full time position, in time.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The News and Social Media Specialist will be responsible for creating and managing the news flow on the Group website and managing all the corporate social media channels (currently LinkedIn, Group Twitter and Glassdoor). The role supports the whole external news process from content creation to publishing, reactive and proactive community management and measuring results. The News and Social Media Specialist will manage tools for community management and content publishing and will together with the External Communications function work actively with the Electrolux communications community in sectors and functions to gather and create stories.
The role includes the following
- Creating editorial content, including gathering background information and images.
- Creating, publishing and managing social media content.
- Following content performance and creating reports.
- Stakeholder management.
To be successful in this role, you…
- Have a bachelors degree in Communication/Media or similar.
- Have 1-2 years of professional experience from working with external communication (articles, news, press releases, and/or social media content) and social media platforms, web analytics and monitoring / listening, in companies or agencies.
- Have excellent English language skills, with experience in writing in English professionally.
- Have community management and project management skills.
- Previous experience in media management or journalism.
- Ability to identify possible stories and turn them into social media content.
- Interest in news, industry trends and social media is a must. Ideally you have a passion for storytelling, you understand the role of corporate communication, the language of social media and though you have a creative pen, you are also careful with the choice of words and think twice before you press ‘publish’.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good project management skills: organizational skills, planning and scheduling, managing deadlines, ability to multi-task, handle several of tasks at once in a structured way and ability to prioritize.
- Proactive, flexible, social, self-starting and detail oriented and willing to develop and grow within the role.
We offer you
This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to develop in their career and help build one of Sweden’s top corporate brands globally, through world-class digital storytelling and social media engagement. We offer you a front seat on the digital communications journey of Electrolux, a global leader in the appliances industry, by joining the Group Corporate Communications team as a News and Social Media Specialist.
The position offers a chance to interact with colleagues around the world, in the 150 markets where Electrolux operates, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of our Stockholm headquarters where over 60 nationalities work daily. We’re also very proud of serving the best office lunch in Stockholm, powered by Electrolux Professional Products.http://mediejobb.info/junior-news-social-media-specialist-electrolux/https://i0.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/electrolux.jpg?fit=1024%2C282https://i0.wp.com/mediejobb.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/electrolux.jpg?resize=150%2C150Sociala MediaStockholm