Head of Marketing Communications at ASKET
Our mission is to slow down fashion by restoring meaningfulness in the garments we use the most: the essential wardrobe.
As Head of Communications you’re a front figure our crusade and are responsible for the establishment of the ASKET brand and philosophy in a global market – ranging from strategy and creative direction all the way down to the dirty work.
That’s right. This is not your glamorous fashion PR gig. You will not be wining and dining with the fashion elite. You will not be invited to the annual fashion awards. You will not be recruiting the world’s largest instagrammers as the face of our brand. What you will do? Roll up your sleeves, find and deliver smart, creative and relevant ways to position ASKET, establish our philosophy and create true value – to ASKET, our customers, our manufacturing partners and the environment.
You’re joining an ambitious, dynamic and deeply caring team in the beginning of a high-paced and challenging journey to fundamentally change the way we manufacture, market and consume garments today. And as one of the fastest growing apparel startups in Sweden, we’re expanding a core team that enjoys tremendous responsibility and impact on our journey – and the industry as a whole.
Your mission is to
- shape the ASKET story, brand and communication platform
- implement and tell the story across earned, owned and paid media
- establish ASKET as thought leaders and the spokespeople within key topics
- establish ASKET as an internationally recognized brand among the conscious consumer
Your responsibilities include
- Developing and executing the outbound communication, including PR, influencers, affiliate/collabs (stakeholder in performance marketing)
- Developing and executing the inbound communication, including social media, newsletter, transactional communication, customer journey (stakeholder in website/ecommerce)
- Overall responsibility for content creation and content plan
- Project leading long and short term communication and marketing campaigns
- Managing a global network of key media relations in daily press, business press, investigative press, lifestyle, creative and fashion media
- Managing traditional PR (developing and executing PR plans, activations, managing local PR agencies or freelancers, sample and interview requests, events) and social media (content planning, creation and influencer relations)
- Recruitment and management of interns within PR and social media with long-term ambition to build the team
- Unprestigious, hard working and itching to contribute to achieving ASKET’s vision of fundamentally changing the apparel industry for the better – no matter what it takes
- Obsessed with creative communication and marketing
- Outstanding communicator, 100% fluent in English, written and verbally
- 3-5 years working experience within marketing, communications and PR
- Experience creating, project leading and executing marketing, communications and PR strategies and campaigns
- Experience working with digital communication, social media and influencer marketing
- Preferably have an established network of relevant media contacts
- Preferably have an interest in various creative areas: art, food, photography, music, design