Design Director at Spotify
We’re the Freemium Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
The right introduction of Spotify for music lovers is key to creating a deep engagement and enjoyment of our subscription products. With over 230 million monthly active users enjoying these products, we’re off to a good start! We’re committed to growing Spotify’s user base and that involves finding new users using data-informed approach and making existing Spotify users successful.
The challenge ahead is how to scale the people, culture, technology and business for our growth. We believe there is much more we can do to improve our existing offering, expand the data informed design and product efforts and craft innovative experiences for our users.
What We’re Looking For
We’re searching for an experienced UX/Product Design leader to join a team within Spotify’s Growth Opportunities mission as our Director of Design. Alongside your Tech, Product and Insight counterparts, you will be responsible for leading a tribe, which has responsibilities across many areas of Spotify. This includes our application on all platforms – mobile, desktop, web, and more, scalable backend services, and a deep focus on data and optimization. You’ll provide thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users. In addition to partnering up with your tech, product, and insights counterparts, you will be balancing input and strategy from our Marketing and Business stakeholders, to deliver exceptional tools, experiences, and results for our users and partners alike.
To be successful, you have experience in the following areas
- Motivation – You are someone who has a deep appreciation for the role that excellently designed, user-centered growth and marketing experiences can play in a service such as Spotify, and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organization.
- Cultural leader – You have experience in leading design culture in an agile or lean environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in existing teams.
- Team builder – Developing leadership, and growing the whole team across multiple levels is second nature to you. Ideally, you have been through hyper growth, and have experience leading design within an 30-80 person cross-functional organization.
- Product, Tech, and Insights partnership – You have deep history working with Product Managers, Developers, and Product Insights.
- Business partnership – You understand the unique perspective on the development of a sustainable suite of growth and marketing product experiences and can collaborate across departments.
What you’ll do
- Be a driving contributor to the Growth Opportunities team, representing our Product Design Vision
- Shape the data-informed product design vision for the user experience of the products we make across the Mission and create the space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Put a premium on listening to users, both directly and through the work of our Product Insights team, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions
- Building, developing and leading a best-in-class team, prioritizing developing a diverse and inclusive environment for them to learn and thrive
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your Mission, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, including how the work your Mission contributes to an overarching and holistic user experience
Who you are
- You have 7-10 years of experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, writing, research, etc.) at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- You’ve shipped consumer products and understand what it takes to create engaging, consumer-oriented experiences
- You have experience leading cross-disciplinary discovery projects to identify unmet needs, behaviors and motivations and turning them into tangible market opportunities
- You excel in creative direction, crafting high level design visions and directions for products
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and sharpening your craft skills, sitting down next to your design team and exploring the possibilities of the product with them
- You are a natural connector and you have a vast experience shaping the perfect conditions and working models across disciplines
- You’re a fantastic communicator – a storyteller at heart. You have the communication skills to help your team work cross-functionally with business stakeholders
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality and are always looking to hone your teams’ instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge
- You are someone who knows they can learn from their team, their stakeholders and their colleagues as well as someone who feels good about what they can contribute and teach
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.http://mediejobb.info/design-director-at-spotify/Design & GrafikStockholm