Creative PR Specialist at Record Union
The music industry is rapidly changing, and the technical emergence of streaming services has made music easily accessible and consumed for everyone with access to a smartphone. But even though music consumption has changed completely, and technology has created new opportunities for music makers, the power structures aren’t changing fast enough.
Since the start in 2008, our mission has been to liberate music. We have been playing an active part in breaking down technical barriers, leading to new opportunities for artists to get their music heard via digital platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Google Play – without giving up the rights to their music via a record deal.
By combining our love and understanding for music with technical and data-driven solutions, we are aiming at strengthening the independent music community by making the music industry more democratic, accessible, and transparent.
As Creative PR Specialist you will have a central role within the Marketing & Communications team. Together with the CMO and the rest of the team, you will be responsible for developing a world-class brand that drives company growth with creativity in focus – on a global level. All in all to help us reach our vision to enable and support the full potential of every music maker in the world.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing creative PR strategies and ideas in line with the overall comms strategy
- Advising and working closely with the creative team in the ideation phase of big campaigns, making sure that there is a clear and strong PR angle to it
- Activating big campaigns towards media by developing and executing PR specific activations with the goal to generate buzz and media coverage
- Being proactive in supporting all marketing initiatives, ensuring that PR is fully integrated when possible
- Seeking and investigating opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships
- Developing media relations strategies with journalists, bloggers and influencers, and building positive relationships with key media stakeholders within music and tech
- Writing press releases and pitching ideas to relevant media and journalists – making sure media lists are relevant and up to date
- Securing, tracking, analyzing, and reporting media coverage
- Staying up to date and following industry trends within PR and music
- Developing a spokesperson platform, including media training with relevant people in the management team
- Pitching Record Union spokespersons to news outlets and music and tech conferences
- Working closely with the rest of the members of the Marketing & Communications team on a daily basis
The Creative PR Specialist reports to the CMO.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role we believe that you:
- Have 4-5 years of experience working as a PR specialist (preferably at the agency side) – it’s a plus if you’ve worked with bigger, international clients
- Have experience from leading traditional and digital PR campaigns that involves a bigger creative team
- Are great with written words that persuade, entertain, and informs
- Are highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Have an understanding of the connection between business strategy and creativity
- Have a challenger mindset and are passionate about creating real change in a conservative industry
- Want to do things in a different way than what’s always been done by assuming a build, measure, learn approach and an agile mindset
- Are a people person that values team success over personal success
- Are humble, open and unpretentious
- Can leverage on speed and efficiency while being persevere
- Have an understanding for and interest in music as well as tech
- Believe in, and commit to our vision and mission