Corporate Communications at Klarna Nordics
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for someone who can develop and be the day-to-day driver for Klarna corporate communications in the Nordics. The Klarna communications team is a driven, passionate and fun group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand that is known, respected and loved by consumers, merchants and all relevant stakeholders.
You will play a key role in building Klarna’s position in primarily the Nordic markets but also in the DACH region, through developing & implementing external corporate communications and engagement strategies. You will work closely with the company management and heads of the business in the Nordic and DACH markets, while developing and managing our proactive and reactive corporate communications activities. You will also strive to turn complex propositions into simple communication so that our end-users find it easy to understand our Klarna value proposition. This will involve partnering closely with the marketing, growth, legal and partnerships teams as well as drawing on an extensive network of own media and stakeholder relationships and agency management.
- Play a crucial role in driving Klarna’s corporate communication efforts externally, bringing Klarna’s story to life in the Nordics and DACH, helping to define the future of retail and fintech.
- Contribute to external corporate communications, executive communications, and corporate media relations including issues and crisis response.
- Day-to-day implementation of corporate communication strategies and activities that convey the Klarna message in the best way, as well as coordinate with group messaging and initiatives where necessary. You will need to be able to move between multiple audiences and contexts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media, thought leaders and relevant stakeholders in the market. Identify opportunities pro-actively and execute when needed; pitch, content, storytelling and follow up.
- Build a plan to further develop spokespeople for the applicable markets. Support building their external platform and messaging through interviews and speaking engagements.
- Define key messages on topics relevant to Klarna’s business and developing our profile as a respected thought leader.
- Coordinate with various internal teams to support announcements, program updates, and more.
- Attract, coach and develop others, understanding team dynamics and strengthening the overall capability of the organization.
Who you are
- Be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment. You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of brilliant execution.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in communications roles, including at management level, both in-house and/or agency, preferably in high-growth and/or payments or technology environments. Experience working for a business operating in an evolving regulatory environment is a plus.
- You are proactive and hands-on by nature and come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do. It is crucial that you can take initiative, be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Proven experience and leadership in running comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and outreach programs to advance a company’s mission and commercial goals
- Proven success working closely with senior level executives on messaging, speaking opportunities, media requests, internal communications, and more
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage complex issues in a regulated environment
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with wide variety of external partners preferable
- Fluent in Swedish and proficiency in spoken and written English
In order to apply, please send us the following:
CV/Resume in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some...MedieJobb firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorJobb inom media, marknadsföring, service m. fl.MedieJobb.info