Copywriter at Qapital
Qapital is a new kind of banking experience that empowers people to maximize their happiness by saving, spending, budgeting, and investing with their goals in mind. With 1.9 million members, Qapital blends behavioral economics with technology, providing people with the tools they need to make managing money easy and fun.
Long-recognized as a fintech pioneer, Qapital now has more than 70,000 5-star app ratings. Apple awarded us App of the Day in March 2020, and in 2019, CNET named us on their list of “Best money-saving apps to help stay within a budget.” Fast Company listed us as one of “The 25 Best New Apps of 2018”, and the year before, Google named us “Most Innovative App of the Year.”
We are a team of designers, behavioral scientists and financial technologists on a mission to build a new banking experience from scratch. Join us, and be part of a team that is changing the way people think about everyday banking.
About the Role
Qapital is looking for a Copywriter to join our US team. This person will work collaboratively with our Marketing team as well as Product, and our co-founders to help define and refine Qapital’s voice that will directly and positively impact user growth.
Through on-brand writing and editing you will help tell our story across all consumer and user-facing touchpoints.
- Write creative copy with well thought through execution.
- Work with the marketing team to support campaigns and messaging across digital, all channels; write and edit copy for campaigns that pushes our brand personality forward while clearly communicating about the product.
- Utilize learnings and feedback to optimize copy and turn around edits quickly.
- Find new opportunities to expand our reach on new platforms, creating compelling, channel-specific ideas and messages.
- Work with the product team iterate on user-focused product experiences.
- Work with people across the whole company as the ultimate key team player.
Skills and Requirements
You’ll be doing hands on work from the get-go, so we expect you to have completed a few years in the trade and that you really feel that you can contribute to our future growth.
Furthermore, you have:
- 4-5 years experience in copywriting at an agency or brand.
- Be adaptable to working on a broad range of projects. You will know the difference between a compelling subject line, witty social caption or long-form brand story (blog content)
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills—you take your English very seriously and have meticulous attention to the details
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where flexibility and adaptability are key
- Experience in financial services or a subscription based service a plus