Content Designer at Paradox Interactive
Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional with experience in content creation and writing? Or maybe a talented graduate with a passion for writing and making great games? Are you interested in Paradox Interactive and our brands and with a desire to help us bring them to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As a Content Designer at our development studio in Stockholm, you will be assigned to one of our project teams where you will be responsible for designing, scripting and writing engaging game content as specified by the Game Director and under direction of the Project Lead. You will have a direct and decisive impact on the quality and feel of the game. Organizationally, you report to the Content Design Manager and are member of the Content Design department at Paradox Development Studio.
- Designing and implementing game content in accordance with game design specifications
- Scripting triggers, events, and game logic using our in-house scripting language
- Writing text for in-game content
- Engaging in research on related topics to find inspiration for crafting entertaining content that creates memorable gaming experiences
- Taking ownership of tasks and working independently to ensure quality and timely delivery in coordination with the other Content Designers while reporting to the Project Lead
- Defining art or audio needs required for the game content as it is designed and communicating those effectively to the Project Lead, artists, and audio department
- Designing details for game features as needed for implementation
- Resolving scripting and in-game text bugs and issues in the game files as they arise
- Serving as a go-to reference and support point for any Junior Content Designers
- Excellent creative and design skills
- Ability to work independently with assigned tasks and take responsibility for delivering quality content on time
- Essentially flawless written American English
- Basic experience with any scripting language (e.g. Lua, HTML, PHP, etc)
- Several years of games industry experience in a content design/quest design/writing role or similar will be considered a strong advantage
- Other content design/writing experience (film, RPGs, literary, etc)
- Excellent technical scripting ability, or programming experience
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studio’s games and brands
- Experience creating mod content for Paradox Development Studio games is a plus
You are passionate about telling stories and about creating fun experiences for the player. We you enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other but you are also given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. You care about quality and are motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You thrive in an modern, creative office environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
We would like your application to include any relevant work samples and/or a link to your portfolio if you have one. We are especially interested in writing samples and any other content that you have produced for games or other media.http://mediejobb.info/content-designer-paradox-interactive/Design & LjudStockholm