Concept Artist at Fatshark
We are Fatshark
We are an independent Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 120 experienced and skilled employees we have worked as contractors for a number of AAA projects, as well as developed titles with publishers and independently for both consoles and PC. Our most recent game is the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2. We tackle every project, genre and setting with enthusiasm, professionalism and a cup of coffee.
As a Concept Artist at Fatshark you will be a part of our talented Concept Team of 4 artists, producing concept art to support our production pipeline of 3D artists, both for in-house and outsourcing colleagues.
Your main focus will be to fill our game worlds with detailed, interesting and production friendly concepts for our character, prop- and weapon artists. Furthermore, you will research and sync the work with our licensing partner and find references needed to carry out your daily tasks.
Last but not least, this is a great opportunity to dive into the rich and intriguing world of Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy!
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles, with the passion and freedom of being indie. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine – Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits (for gym membership & more)
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
- Produce production concept art to support 3D artists, both in-house and outsourced.
- Produce Character art concepts, Prop art concepts and Weapon concepts to a high and production friendly level.
- To be able to research and find references needed to carry out the daily tasks.
- Very high knowledge of perspective and the ability to understand and describe form and shape in 2D media.
- Follow up the work and be able to communicate with 3D artists and iterate throughout the projects.
- Previous work experience as Concept Artist, in a professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of perspective and the ability to describe form and shape in 2D media
- Excellent visualization skills in PS or similar software
- Great ability to work in a team and be able to communicate effectively cross disciplinary
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Game development production experience.
- Interest in Warhammer
- Technical and detail oriented interest & knowledge (a drive to create believable worlds and objects)
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidates continuously throughout the application period.http://mediejobb.info/concept-artist-at-fatshark/Design & GrafikStockholm