Communications Specialist at Bombardier
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our products portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist for our Rail Control Solutions Division to be based in Stockholm
Rail Control Solutions (RCS) is a world leader in developing, engineering and installing rail control and signaling safety systems, products and services. RCS enables the safe and efficient operation of rail networks and trains.
You will ensure that the needs and requirements of Rail Control Solutions (RCS) HQ and main site functions: Engineering & Product Development, Legal & Business Development, Industrial & Mining and Sales in Nordic and CIS countries, are met through effective strategic marketing communications and PR initiatives and provide effective internal communications in Sweden in particular. This will entail delivery of relevant quality copy for press releases and sales collateral within short timescales.
You will also act as Regional Communications contact for Bombardier Transportation and be responsible for site communications in Sweden. You will work closely with the other functions to identify and advise on suitable events and initiatives to increase market awareness of Bombardier. This will include sourcing of venues and providers for functional approval and management of implementation, logistics and budget. You will be required to make sound judgement and decisions on how to promote Bombardier in the media and especially social media
- Support Nordic, CIS and local PR team by coordinating exhibitions, customer and press events in Sweden as well as conferences worldwide by defining key messages and positioning for Bombardier
- Transportation. Manage customer demo room in Stockholm and ensure consistent, up-to-date content and exhibits are on display.
- Responsible for updating global content of RCS section on Bombardier website and intranet content for RCS, as well as internal communications materials, multi-media database and similar sites and tools.
- Responsible for providing regular social media input (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) in line with strategic key messages and positioning to increase awareness of Bombardier as well as supporting with global press releases, key messages and Q&As
- Writing general RCS sales collateral, including presentations, brochures, data sheets and video storyboards/scripts.
Experience and Qualifications
- A university degree in marketing or business studies
- Extensive knowledge of communication tools and a full understanding of the total marketing mix
- Understanding of and experience in Social Media marketing
- Experience of operating in multi-cultural environment
- Excellent copywriting/communications skills in Swedish and English
- Additional languages is an advantage